Sunday, July 8, 2012

Channa Masala


The spices that makes this dish...


Chickpeas are very tasty!


Sauteing the spices wakes up the flavors and transform the dish.


I love chickpeas so when I keep seeing this dish on all the food network channels, I had to try to make them myself.  I found many recipes, so I took what I like from each recipes to make it my own.  Some of the recipes has way too many spices, which I don't have in my pantry.  I am sure the authentic ones are much more different than mine.  Nonetheless, this is a very tasty dish.  So easy and fast to make.


Ingredients

  • 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinse and drained
  • 1 plum tomato, diced
  • 1/3 cup onion, diced
  • 2 teaspoons, grated
  • 1 clove garlic, pressed
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric 
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon concentrate
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • cilantro for garnish
Directions
  1. Saute onion, garlic and ginger in oil until it is translucent then add all the spices and saute for 2 minutes. 
  2. Add the tomato and cook for about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the chickpeas, water and lemon concentrate.
  4. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment