Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chinese Sausage (Lap Cheong) and Fried Egg Over Rice


Chinese sausage otherwise known as lap cheong can be found in many Chinese dishes.  I remember the only ones that I would eat was the ones that my grandmother made herself. I remember she would ground the meat and spices together then stuffed it into the natural casing. Her sausages were the best compared to others. The quality of the sausages vary and I do not like most of them but I finally found the one I like.



This is such an easy dish, the only thing you really need to do is watch for the rice.  Cook rice as you normally do and place the sausages onto the rice 10 minutes before it is completely cooked.  You can not place the sausages into the rice in the beginning because the sausages would sink to the bottom of the pan and burn. I like to serve this with a fried egg and soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment