Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ranch French-fried Onion Meatloaf


I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com  but altered it slightly to my taste.


I did not think this recipe would turn out this amazing! It was so tasty and now one of my favorite meatloaf recipes.


I changed the recipes to what I like and what I have.  I substituted stuffing mix with seasoned bread crumb and since I find that ketchup to be on the sweet side, I use marinara sauce instead. I also use one egg instead of two and half the fried onion.

So this is my recipe.


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup marinara sauce, plus more for topping
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
  • 1/2 (6 ounce) French-fried onions
Directions 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine ground beef, egg, marinara sauce, bread crumbs and Ranch-style dressing mix in a large bowl.
  3. Then add the French-fried onion and mix.
  4. Shape the mixture to a loaf and add about 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce on the meatloaf.
  5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.


I like to put sauce on the meatloaf before baking because this keeps my meatloaf moist and add a tasty glaze to it.  I did not put the amount of French-fried onion it asked for because I felt that it was just too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment