Monday, March 28, 2011

Chickpeas Salad




I love chickpeas and this salad could not be any easier to make!  It is great for summer because it is best chilled.  Most of the other chickpeas salad includes oil in it.  I love to eat and I love to eat a lot, so when I don't absolutely need it I don't include oil.  This is a filling side and this is great for picnic too.


Ingredients
  • 1 can of Chickpeas
  • 1 Roma tomato, diced
  • 3 tablespoon diced onion
  • 2 teaspoon of dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • salt & pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Rinse the chickpeas under cold water until the water runs clear and add it to a mixing bowl.
  2. To the mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
  3. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

I didn't have any fresh herbs so I used dried parsley instead and I also did not have fresh lemons therefore I used concentrated lemon juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment