Monday, May 30, 2011

Duncan Hines Carrot Cakes


 I am not crazy about carrot cakes and when I am at a bakery, it is never my choice for carrot cakes because chocolate is my ultimate choice.  When I saw that Duncan Hines have Carrot Cakes flavor, I had to buy it.  The smell of the mix was incredible but the carrot and raisin was kind of odd.  It came in another package and it was dehydrated.  You are suppose to rehydrate it by putting into water.  It was a lucky thing that I did not put the whole packet into the cake mix.  If I were to make it again, I would use fresh grated carrots and the Minute Maid raisin.  The dehydrated mix made the cake chewy.  Or I would just buy it for the cake mix itself because the spices smells and taste wonderful, better than some store bought carrot cakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment