Saturday, April 30, 2011

BBQ Sauce


I love this BBQ sauce because it is not too sweet or thick.  I like bbq chicken but I don't like the taste of the store bought  bbq sauce because they are either too sweet, sour or too thick.  When I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, I had to try it.  I substituted whatever I did not have. The original recipe is:

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 1/2 cup red vine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
  • 2 teaspoon paprika
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 2 dashes of hot sauce

Direction

Mix everything in a bowl until it is combined.


I didn't have red wine vinegar, so I used rice vine vinegar.  I ran out of dry mustard, so I used 1 tablespoon of prepared mustard and instead of paprika, I used smoked paprika.   Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and cook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment