Sunday, April 17, 2011

Moroccan Chicken w/ String Beans



This chicken was amazing and the combination of the spices was a surprise. Each bite has a burst of flavors and the ginger works so well in it.  I got this recipe from "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook" by Mark Sisson and Jennifer Meier.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
  • 1 tablespoon of ginger, finely diced
  • 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon coriander 
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
  • 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 lemon thinly sliced
  • 2 cups green beans, cut in half
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
  • Juice from 1 lemon

Directions
  1. Saute onion, garlic and ginger in oil until soft and slightly browned.  
  2. Add spices and saute a minute more.  
  3. Then add chicken, tomatoes, water, cilantro and sliced lemon.  
  4. Simmer with a lid for 30 minutes.  
  5. Add green beans, mint and lemon juice.  Simmer a few more minute until green beans are done.


I changed the recipe to my taste.  I omitted the mint because I hate mint in food, however if it is mint chocolate that is fine. I did not have fresh lemons, therefore had no lemon slices but did put about 1 teaspoon of lemon juice from a bottle. I only put half a can of the tomatoes because I felt that it would make it too acidic with the combination of the lemon. Of course I served this over my favorite Jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment