Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hollandaise Sauce





What is yummier than hollandaise sauce drizzle over food? It is a bit scary how much fat goes in this sauce.  I always found it tedious to make hollandaise sauce, but then I saw how Ina Garten makes it in a blender I decided to try it. I used her techniques but a recipe from Allrecipes.com because I only make a small portion and Allrecipes.com convert the recipes for you.  

Ingredient

  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pinch cayenne

Directions

  1.  Melt the butter in a small saucepan. 
  2. Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne in the jar of a blender. Blend for 15 seconds. 
  3. With the blender running, slowly pour the hot butter into the blender and blend for 30 seconds, until the sauce is thick.  


I found that the sauce was too thick so I added 1 tablespoon of hot water.


No comments:

Post a Comment