Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fresh Tomato Tart

Ina Garten made this on her show and I thought: Hey this is easy, and the ingredients are very accessible, why not? I changed the ingredients a bit because I don't really care for goat cheese, so I used fresh mozzarella cheese.  Of course hers came out perfect while mine came out all distorted. It tasted good, so I am happy.

Ingredients
  • Half a sheet of puff pastries
  • 2 slices of Roma tomato
  • 2 slices of fresh Mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Score the puff pastries lightly around the middle.
  3. Lay the mozzarella on the pastries, then tomato slice, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
  4. Bake for 25 minutes.

If you have some fresh herbs, throw some on top. I suppose the reason why my tart came out so distorted is because the cheese I chose had more water content in it. Ina used goat cheese which is less in water density. Of course she does this as her career and her tart was perfect! Here is her recipe, she also has a video of it. I love her recipes and show and is a big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment