Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cole Slaw



I recently bought groceries for my dad and he specifically asked for Pre-made Cole Slaw and the dressing.  After making him a delicious feast, I loaded everything to a car service car to bring it to him.  Of course I forget the only thing he specifically asked for.  So I was stuck with a bag of Cole Slaw with no dressing.  So I looked up a recipe online for the dressing. I looked on Allrecipes.com and chose this recipe because of the rating: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-restaurant-slaw/detail.aspx. 

I left out the onion and poppy seeds because I do not care for either. I also used Hellmann's mayo instead of Miracle Whip.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup Hellmann's
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Instructions

  1. Mix it until the sugar disolve.
  2. Drizzle the dressing over the Cole Slaw mix.
  3. Refrigerate the Cole Slaw for 2 hours so that the flavor combine.


I do not like Cole Slaw much because all the NYC deli ones have put me off but this was great.  I did drizzle the dressing just enough to coat it and not drench the cabbage.  I discarded the rest of the sauce but some like it with a lot of dressing whereas I like it lightly coated.  This dish is light and refreshing, great for a summer day.





No comments:

Post a Comment