Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tomato and Cilantro Sauce




I got this recipe from a cookbook titled "The Low-Carb Gourmet" by Karen Barnaby.  The original recipe is a vinaigrette but I altered the recipe to my liking. Here is the original recipe from the book:


Recipe
  •  2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  •  3 tbsp white wine vinegar
  •  2 garlic cloves, minced
  •  1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  •  1/3 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped

Instructions
  1. In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, and garlic. Process until smooth. 
  2. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
  3. Add the cilantro and pulse to combine.

I do not like to use that much oil when I am cooking or making sauces.  I only use 2 tablespoon of oil and instead of olive oil I used vegetable oil.  I did not have white wine vinegar so I used rice vinegar.  It turned out great! This sauce is great with pan seared lamb chop or chicken.  I suppose it would be great with pork chop too but I have yet to use it on pork.





No comments:

Post a Comment