Sunday, July 3, 2011

Grilled Ham, Tomatoes, and Cheese Sandwich


Sometimes a cold sandwich will not do to satisfy my cravings. 

Ingredients
  •  1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
  •  8 slices of deli styled ham
  •  6 slices of American cheese
  •  4 slices of white bread
  •  Butter

Instructions

  1. For each sandwich, I layered 1 slice of cheese on the bread, 2 slices of ham, 3 slices of tomato, 2 slices of ham, 2 slices cheese, then top it with the remaining bread.
  2. In a non-stick pan, melt some butter and place the sandwich.
  3. Cover with lid but do vent because you want it to sear, not just steam.
  4. Repeat for the other side with more butter.

    I like to cut it diagonally and either serve with tater tots or chips!  I love the toasty buttery taste of the bread.  The melted cheese on both side of the bread keeps everything in place that's why I did not put all the cheese together.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment