Sunday, September 11, 2011

Beef & Tomato


I live in an Italian neighborhood and sometimes the quality of the tomatoes are so nice that I end up buying more than I need.  I never like tomatoes when I was growing up.  The tomatoes that I have come across in salad or food were the slicing tomatoes and did not have much taste. So when I moved out of my Dad's place and had to food shop myself, I started seeing all the variety of tomatoes as well as all the other food in the supermarket.  When plum tomatoes are in season, they are as sweet as the vine tomatoes! 

Ingredients
  • 2 plum tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/5 cup onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic,  diced
  • salt and pepper 
Direction
  • Saute onion until it is translucent, add garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
  • Add beef and saute until it is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Then add tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.



Do not over cook the tomatoes because tomatoes are mostly water and it will lose its texture.  I like the freshness the tomatoes bring to this dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment