Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pork Cutlets Sandwich


I was out all day and did not make it in time for the store. There were frozen thinly sliced pork cutlets so I decided to make some pork cutlet sandwich.  I submerged the  frozen chops in room temperature and changed the water every 5 minutes.  It thawed in about 15 minutes! Since this thawed so quickly, I will always have frozen pork cutlets in the freezer, along with my emergency frozen lamb chops. I served this on Ciabatta bread with some romaine lettuce and some honey mustard sauce.

Ingredients
  • 6 thin slice pork cutlets
  • 3/4 cup season bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Directions
  1. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and seasoning on a plate.
  2. Dry the cutlets with a paper towel and coat it with the cornstarch.
  3. Dip it into the eggs and then the bread crumbs mixture.
  4. Fry the pork cutlets for 5 minutes on each side in oil.

 I wanted to make sure that bread crumbs mixture stick to the cutlets so I added a coating of cornstarch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment