Friday, September 9, 2011

Sugar Cane Juice




My brother-in-law asked me what I wanted when I came back to Malaysia for a visit and I requested sugar cane juice.  So he drove around to get me this.  Sugar canes can be seen in many places; some people even grow them in there yards.  These sugar canes are put through special machines that crush the canes to extract the juice.  They are not made until you order them and are served with ice in plastic bags. 

This is all natural, sweet and very refreshing on a hot day.  When I was younger and had a dollar to spare, I would go down the block of my grandmother's house with my sister to get snacks and sugar cane juice. When I went back to visit, I was sadden at the fact that the house no longer sell the snacks I use to love. There were stands that sold sugar cane juice but they were all too filthy to buy from. So my brother-in-law drove around just to find this for me!

1 comment:

  1. Love forieng countries's street market! They are the best!

    ReplyDelete