Sunday, September 11, 2011

Milo



Milo is a drink I grew up drinking in Malaysia.  Even though Malaysia is hot all year round, we still drink it hot in the morning. I remember my grandfather took me to breakfast one hot morning.  The server brought hot Milo in a cup and saucer.  Since I was only 5 and could not blow on the beverage properly, he would pour some of it on the saucer so it would cool faster for me to drink with a straw from a saucer.  So the smell of this drink, hot or cold, brings back some of my fondest memories of Malaysia. Now that I am an adult, I do not understand why we simply order a cold one...

It is very chocolatey and very fattening.  To make one glass, I need at least 3 tablespoon of Milo powder.  I am sure it contains ton of sugar in one single drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment