Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chicken & Broccoli


 It's funny how I hated bell peppers when I was younger.  I love all of them, especially the red, orange and yellow.  Now it is a staple in my home.


 Ingredients
  • 1 chicken breast & 2 boneless thighs
  • 1 bell pepper, julienne 
  • 1/2 onion, julienne
  • 1 head of of broccoli
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/5 cup rice wine
  • 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • salt and white pepper to taste


Directions
  1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and season it with sesame oil, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
  2. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and mix.
  3. Saute the garlic for 5 minutes and then add the chicken.
  4. Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink, then rice wine.
  5. Add the peppers and onion, cook for another 6 minutes.
  6. Then add the broccoli and the rest of the oyster sauce and saute until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.


Some people like their broccoli over cooked, while I like mine to still have a bite to it.  I really do not like over cook vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment