Sunday, March 18, 2012

Salmon Cakes


On a much earlier post, I tried to make salmon cakes but the cakes kept falling apart. I ended up making salmon hash the last few times I tried to make this but I finally succeeded in making salmon cakes!





I served it with corn...



 Ingredients
  • 1 14.75 oz Salmon
  • 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
  • 1/5 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 4 tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions
  1. If you are using canned salmon, you would need to drain, remove the skin and bones.  
  2. Add the peppers, onion, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper to the salmon.
  3. Divide into four to make four patties. Coat each evenly with flour.
  4. Place a parchment paper on top of a plate before placing the patties onto the plate. Chill for at least an hour.
  5.  Heat oil and fry each patty until it is golden brown, about 8 minutes each side.

I had different color peppers so I had to use them in the patties.  It gives the patties the sweetness that it needed.  I realize that if you do not chill the patties, it tends to fall apart as you cook them.  It tends to stick to the plate, therefore I placed a parchment paper on the plate so that I am able to remove it from the plate safely without breaking it into pieces. I served this with buttered saute corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment