Saturday, March 24, 2012

Corn Beef Brisket


It was Saint Patrick's weekend and the store had loads of briskets.


To make it more traditional, I added cabbage an carrots.





I only have a small pot and I had t wedge the brisket into the pot. I don't think I used a big enough pot therefore I did not have the sufficient amount of water to boil it.  The brisket came out really salty but it was tender.  As instructed, I boiled it for 3 hours and then took it out to cool.  In the same broth, I threw in a small head of cabbage and 3 carrots.  Allrecipes.com said to boil it for half hour but I only boiled it for 20 minutes.  I do not like my cabbage overcooked. 

I had it for dinner the following day so all I did was slice it and pan sear it.  I saved some broth from the boiling process and added a few spoons into the pan to keep it moist. I also pan sear the carrots and cabbage and it turned out great.  I like the crusty edges after I seared it. I served it with some rice because it was too salty to eat as it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment