Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kielbasa Pepper Soup


This is a lazy one pot meal.  I was tired from work and just basically threw everything that I had into the pot to make a hearty soup. Good thing I had some kielbasa in the fridge. I always have Latin blend frozen vegetables, canned tomatoes, bell peppers and chicken stock.  Those are my staples and they have saved many nights when I do not feel like fast food and do not feel like going out to the grocery store. I have my many lazy moments and these things have saved me from a peanut butter sandwich for dinner.


The only thing that you really need to do is chop the kielbasa and bell peppers. Add whatever you want to the pot. Sometimes I add canned tomatoes, but I didn't feel like the tartness of the tomatoes.

Ingredients
  • 1 link of kielbasa
  • 1 cup of Krasdale Latin Blend Frozen Vegetables
  • 1/4 cup bell red pepper, diced
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste

Direction

Add everything to the pot and boil for 40 minutes.

I usually brown the sausage and add them after the soup is done.  Like I said, I was being lazy and did not feel like cooking so I just dumped everything and boil.

*The Latin Blend frozen veggies are basically frozen corn, onion, black beans, red and green peppers.  You can use frozen vegetables and canned black beans or whatever beans you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment