Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tarragon Smothered Pork Chops


I wanted to show how the pork chops look before I add the gravy.



This is after I added the delicious gravy! So yummy!

I never could make tasty pork chops until I watched Tyler Florence on the Food Network.  He made it with fresh parsley, but I had fresh tarragon instead.  The tarragon flavor was amazing! I have a pork chop recipe that I love!

Ingredients
  • 2 3/4 inch bone in pork chops
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
  • 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 14 fresh tarragon 
  • 3 tablespoon milk

Directions
  1. In  a shallow dish, mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
  2. Dry the pork chops with paper towel and season the pork chops lightly with salt and pepper.
  3. Dredge the chops in flour mixture and shake off the excess.
  4. Heat the oil in medium high heat and brown the chops for 5 minutes each side.
  5. Remove the chops and add about 1 teaspoon of flour mixture into the dripping, cook for about 1 minute.
  6. Add broth and milk, cook for about 5 minutes until it thicken.
  7. Add the tarragon and the pork chops into the gravy.
  8. Cook and coat the chops for about 5 minutes.




You can do the same with other herbs, this is my thymes smothered pork chops. I used about 1/2 tablespoon of fresh thymes.

      

    No comments:

    Post a Comment