Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lime Cilantro Rice


Got the recipe from Allrecipes.com.  This was great with my BBQ pork ribs. The sweetness of the ribs really go well with the sourness of this rice.


Ingredients

  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup long-grain white rice
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Directions
  1. Bring the water to a boil; stir the butter and rice into the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
  2. Stir the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into the cooked rice just before serving. 


I copy and pasted this from Allrecipes.com, I changed the recipe to my liking.  I added just a little lime juice at a time because I did not want it to be too sour and I only zested one lime.  Must use fresh lime juice, I made the mistake of using concentrated lime juice once and it smelled like bathroom cleaners. Had to toss the rice away because I could not stomach it. 

1 comment:

  1. I am making this tonight and wont be using lime zest! Cross fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete