Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stuffed Baby Portobella






Sometimes when I see something on sale at the supermarket, I have to buy it.  The baby Portobello mushrooms were on sale and I could not resist putting them in my basket.  I was going to saute them but I forgot that I already had button mushrooms at home waiting for me.  So I decided to use whatever I have to make stuff mushroom. This was not the best stuffed mushrooms I have made but it was still good.


Ingredients
  • 10 baby portobello
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 2 breakfast sausage patties
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Take the stems off the mushrooms and set aside.
  3. Drizzle about half tablespoon oil into the pan and rub the oil onto the caps of mushrooms.
  4. Dice mushroom stems and one sausage patty.  Slice the second sausage into 10 wedges and set aside.
  5. Saute mushroom stems for 2 minutes with 1/2 tablespoon oil, then add sausage and saute for another 3 minutes.
  6. While step 5 is in process, combine ricotta, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
  7. Add the sausage mix into the ricotta.
  8. Spoon the mixture into the caps.
  9. Drizzle enough oil to wet the bread crumbs and sprinkle it onto the ricotta.
  10. Bake for 20 minutes and top the mushrooms with a piece of sausage  and bake for another 10 minutes.


I used whatever that was in my fridge.  I usually used cheddar cheese and instead of bread crumbs I would have used Parmesan cheese but I ran out of that.  I had sausage left over from breakfast, you can substitute that with crispy bacon or no meat at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment