Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ice Grande Vanilla Latte @ Home

I love Starbucks and is known at work as an addict to caffeine. For the past decade, I have been going to Starbucks religiously. I spend roughly $1,200 a year, and past decades have spent more than 10 gs.  I know the amount I spend is astonishing but this is my way of splurging on myself. Beside if I do not have my caffeine fix, I suffer which in turn will make my friends suffer.  I am trying to save money so I did some research for espresso machines.  All the espresso machines I found that was good was anywhere from $500 to the thousands.  Then I found this espresso maker that cost about $40.  I always see this in Italian cooking shows.  If it is good enough for them, why not try it?



First I tried Dunkin Donuts Coffee ground and it was good but when I tried Illy Espresso ground, I actually jumped for joy in my kitchen. This can last me about 3 weeks and the cost range from $12 to $17.  Starbucks Vanilla Latte is made by adding...


Starbucks Vanilla syrup.  I am not sure if all Starbucks sell their products in the store, but the one I visit do.  It cost less than $10 for a one litter bottle of syrup and it last me around 3 to 4 months.



Now that I have control of the amount of espresso, my latte is a lot stronger than that of Starbucks. My latte must be made with whole milk, not skinny, not fat free, and not 2%.  The taste of whole milk makes it so creamy and wholesome.



All the stuffs I need to make a Ice Grande Vanilla Latte at home!



I still go to Starbucks once in awhile when I do not have the time to have a latte at home.  With the Bialetti coffee maker, you have to let it cool down before washing it.  You must dry it because it will rust if you do not.  So I usually make the espresso the night before, let it cool and put it in the fridge.  The amount of espresso produced would usually last me 2 days if I want my latte really strong, 3 if I want a regular buzz.  The good news is I am saving hundreds and the great news is I am making great latte at home.  It is up to you how much espresso, syrup and what kind of milk you use.  I usually just use about 1/2 tablespoon of syrup or more when I want it sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment