Sunday, August 28, 2011

Panko Crusted Nuggets



Ingredients
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup panko 
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions
  1. Cut chicken into one inch chunks and season with salt.
  2. Dip each piece of chicken into egg wash.
  3. Coat in panko and fry in oil. Do not over crowd the pan because you want the crust to be crispy.
  4. Fry for about 3 minutes each side and place on paper towels to absolve the excess oil.






The nuggets were amazing by themselves with honey mustard sauce.  They were still moist and so tasty. They made a great meal on top of a salad.  I am trying to go low carb 2 days out of the week because I am no longer in my early twenties and I can no longer eat the way I use to eat and lose the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment