Sunday, August 14, 2011

Italian Seasoning


I decided to make my own blend of Italian seasoning because a recipe asked for it and I did not have any.  When I looked it up online, I realized that I had all the seasonings I needed for the blend.

Ingredients
  • 5 tablespoons of dried parsley
  • 4 tablespoons dried basil
  • 4 tablespoons oregano
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions

Mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight container.



There are different recipes for Italian blend seasoning.  I adjusted to how I like it, some do not add for red pepper flakes but I do like them and it gives it a little heat to the food I use it on.  Do be aware that some of the herbs are much stronger than the others.  Such as oregano, if you add too much to your food it will turn it bitter. 

1 comment:

  1. What are the italian seasoning for and what kinda food besides the obvious?

    ReplyDelete